Clinical Project Funding
Jeannie Wirth, MSN,
RN, CNS, AOCN®
Clinical Project Plan for
Improving End-of-Life Care
All funding is tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Purpose: To provide support for a clinical project (e.g. EBP or QI) conducted by, or in conjunction with an advanced practice oncology nurse who possess a MSN or DNP for the purpose of facilitating innovative solutions to the challenges of delivering patient-centered, evidenced based and accessible care to an oncology population. Projects must utilize existing evidence for implementation into practice.
- To support implementation of patient-centered, evidence based practice in oncology care that promote practice or system changes and improves patient and or organizational outcomes.
- To support professional development of the APN or DNP in oncology through clinically-based projects (e.g. EBP, QI).
- Registered nurse working in oncology. If applicant does not hold an advanced degree in nursing, an advanced degree nurse must on the project team serving as a mentor.
Projects NOT Funded:
- Research projects or add-on portions to current research projects intended to generate new evidence.
- Capital projects
- Equipment funding
- Travel expenses, including those related to dissemination of outcomes
- Publication expenses, including those related to dissemination of outcomes
- Capstone or thesis projects
- Academic education
Application deadline: June 15, 2017