APN and DNP Student Fellowship
Clara C. Granda-Cameron,
RN BSN MSN AOCN®
ONS Foundation Endowment
All awards, grants and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
- To provide financial support for students enrolled in an MSN or DNP program to accomplish work in areas of cancer prevention, care or control as outlined in the ONS Research Agenda.
- To provide a directed study approach to enable students to do capstone projects or theses in oncology, assisting them to accomplish educational program requirements.
- To advance evidence based practice in oncology care
Applicant: Registered nurses enrolled in an MSN or DNP program at an accredited school of nursing.
Fellowship: Up to $5,000 to assist with costs to complete the Masters or DNP capstone or thesis project. Fellowship is not intended to support tuition expenses. It is expected that projects would require a minimum of 60 hours of work for completion. Funding cannot be used for work completed prior to approval of fellowship.
- Applicant proposals must be in the content areas in the current ONS Research Agenda
- Interventions to adopt /maintain health behaviors
- Interventions to increase cancer screening, with emphasis on underserved/understudied populations
- Cancer-related symptoms and side effects
- Late effects of cancer treatment
- End of life care
- Psychosocial and family care
- Nursing sensitive patient outcomes
- Translation science
- Applicants should seek mentors whose work clearly aligns with their areas of interest and that of the ONS Research Agenda. Students should take into account the availability of the mentor, learning needs, interests and expertise of both parties, and educational program requirements. Student acceptance by a mentor would be a requirement for receiving the fellowship. Mentors must be individuals with appropriate expertise and qualifications to guide the student activities
Application deadline: November 15, 2013 please check back for the online application after August 1st