Connie Henke Yarbro Excellence in Cancer Nursing Mentorship Award
Recipients attending the ONS Congress will be invited to a special luncheon in their honor and be presented with this award at the Oncology Nursing Foundation reception.
Award: Recipient receives special recognition at the ONS annual Congress, press recognition through Oncology Nursing Foundation, including, but not limited to, feature in Oncology Nursing Foundation newsletter, feature on Oncology Nursing Foundation web site, and press release sent to list of colleagues and work place provided by the winner.
Purpose: To recognize and support excellence in the mentorship of oncology nurses.
Selection Criteria: Nominees may be any oncology nurse (ONS member or non-member) or ONS Chapter or SIG that meet the qualifications outlined below.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must:
- be a registered nurse with at least two years experience in oncology nursing or a Chapter or SIG that has been active for at least two years.
- have provided mentoring outside what is expected within work or employment responsibilities
- demonstrate excellence in the mentorship of others in the practice of oncology nursing in the academic, clinical or research setting.
The primary selection focus is the nominee’s contribution to mentoring oncology nurses.
Support Letters: Three letters in support of the nominee that describe:
- How the nominee has participated in mentoring relationships. Be sure to include those qualities that distinguish the nominee as a mentor. If the nominator has a work or academic relationship to the nominee, please describe how the mentoring went beyond what is expected in the employment role.
- The types of mentoring in which the nominee has participated (academic, clinical, research)
- The outcomes of the relationship between the nominee (mentor) and those mentored (fellows). Describe the impact the mentoring has had on the fellows?
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Application deadline: Registration is closedNotify me when registration is open
2017 Award Recipient
Mary Elizabeth Davis
New York, NY