Connie Henke Yarbro Excellence in Cancer Nursing Mentorship Award
Recipients attending the ONS Congress will be invited to meet with Connie Henke Yarbro and will be presented with this award at the Oncology Nursing Foundation reception.
Award: Recipient receives special recognition at the ONS annual Congress, press recognition through Oncology Nursing Foundation, including, but not limited to, feature in Oncology Nursing Foundation newsletter, feature on Oncology Nursing Foundation web site, and press release sent to list of colleagues and work place provided by the winner.
Purpose: To recognize and support excellence in the mentorship of oncology nurses.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must:
- be a registered nurse with at least two years experience in oncology nursing or a Chapter established for at least two years.
- have provided mentoring outside what is expected within work or employment responsibilities
- demonstrate excellence in the mentorship of others in the practice of oncology nursing in the academic, clinical or research setting.
The primary selection focus is the nominee’s contribution to mentoring oncology nurses outside their work-related responsibilities.
Support Letters: Three letters in support of the nominee that describe:
- How the nominee has participated in mentoring relationships. Be sure to include those qualities that distinguish the nominee.
- The types of mentoring in which the nominee has participated (academic, clinical, research)
- The outcomes of the relationship between the nominee and those mentored
- If the mentored individual works with the nominee, the letter must clearly describe how this mentoring went beyond what would be expected in an employment role.
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Application deadline: Registration is closedNotify me when registration is open
2018 Award Recipient
Avondale Estates, GA