ONS Congress® Scholarships
ONS Congress Scholarships are supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation, Nancy Berkowitz Scholarship Fund, Ron Schlesinger Scholarship Fund, Oncology Hematology Care, Inc., Siouxland Chapter fund, CEBONS Karen Zapotoski Memorial ONS Congress Scholarship, and Susie Maloney Scholarship Fund.
Applications Open: November 1, 2022
Applications Due: January 5, 2023
Applicants Notification: February 10, 2023
Note: An individual cannot receive this scholarship more than one time.
Purpose: To support registered nurses interested in improving cancer care by developing their personal knowledge as a result of attending the ONS Congress and sharing this new knowledge with others.
Scholarship: Recipients will receive a scholarship for up to $2,000 to apply toward ONS Congress registration, travel to and from ONS Congress, and per diem expenses.
- Individuals living or working within a 30-mile radius of the conference location are eligible to receive the conference registration fee only.
- One scholarship is available to nurses in the Cincinnati Tri-State area with preference given to members of the ONS Cincinnati Tri-State area chapter through Oncology Hematology Care, Inc funding.
- Two to three scholarships are available to applicants living in Sioux City, Storm Lake, and surrounding areas through the Siouxland Chapter fund.
- The applicant must be a registered nurse involved in cancer nursing.
- The applicant must be able to attend the 2023 ONS Congress in its entirety (April 26 – 30, 2023 in San Antonio, TX)
- Applicant must agree to participate in a follow-up survey.
Scoring: You will be scored based on your ability to clearly articulate and address the essay questions and whether your plan to share information obtained at ONS Congress is detailed, clear, realistic, and achievable.
To strengthen your application, use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Points to Consider:
- Do not wait until the last day to start an application as a quality and competitive application will take time to complete.
- We suggest that you use your time wisely by getting a head start and collecting any additional required items such as the name and email address of someone writing your letter of recommendation before you begin.
- Your essay responses should be of good quality, in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, conciseness, and ability to answer the question. Ensure you submit a detailed response and use the word count to your advantage.
- To strengthen your application, use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Nursing students may be eligible for a separate scholarship to attend ONS Congress.
Please review the Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship for more information.
How To Apply:
- Applications closed. Check back in the fall for next year's scholarship!
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- All questions must be submitted to the Foundation prior to 4:30 pm Eastern Time on the day of the application due date in order to receive a response prior to the deadline.
- No late applications will be accepted, and all applications must be submitted through the application platform.
2023 ONS Congress Scholarship Recipients
Amanda Brothers, BSN, PhD, RN
Andrea Mathews, RN
Andria Roberts, BSN, RN, OCN® , ONN-CG
Angela Notsch, RN, BSN, OCN®
April Addison, RN
Brenda Burns, MSN, RN, OCN®
Cameron Herbst, BSN, RN
Catherine Mbango, PhD, MBA, RN
Chelsie Jones, BSN, RN, OCN®
Cherice Hermann, BSN,RN, OCN®
Crystal Derosier, MSN, RN, OCN®
Crystal Robinson, RN
Deanne King, RN, BSN, OCN®
Deb Colshan, RN, MSN
Ellen Moore, RN BSN OCN®
Emily Kothmann, BSN, RN, OCN®
Fattona Umari, RN
Frances Lopez, RN
Geralyn Quinn, MSN, RN, OCN®
Hannah Blevins, RN, BSN, OCN®
Heather Cochran, BSN, RN, OCN®
Heather Mills, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, OCN®
Jamie Berry, RN
Janelle Shea RN, BSN
Jani Cook, APNP
Jayme Dandeneau, BSN, RN
Jennifer Hunter, BSN RN OCN®
Jennifer Lewellyn, RN, OCN®
Jessica Brown, DNP, AGPCNP-BC, CBCN
Jessica Dove, BSN, RN, OCN®
Jessica Rasmussen, RN, BSN, OCN®
Joseph Lutes, RN, OCN®
Kai-Lin You, PhD(c), MSN, RN
Kaitlin Didinger, BSN, RN
Katherine Barrett, BSN, RN, OCN®
Kathleen Armstrong, PhD, RN, CNE®
Kathleen Morrison, RN, BSN, OCN®
Kazandra Kallis, BSN, RN
Kellie Mitchell, BSN, RNC, OCN®
Kelly Morris, BS RN OCN®
Kimberly Howard, BSN, RN
Kjersten Lisak, RN, BSN, MBA
Kristi Schimberg, RN, BSN
Kristina Nardone, BSN, RN
Krystle Samora, RN
Kyle Robbins, RN, MSN, OCN®
Kylie Tierney, BSN, RN, OCN®
Levenee Esiong, RN, BMTCN®
Lisa Sullivan, BSN, RN, OCN®
Lucy Andersen, OCN® , BSN, RN
Madeline Kuczynski, RN
Majduleen Abu Fasheh, RN, BSN, MSN
Maria Abondano, RN, BSN
Martha Rakhshan, BSN, RN, OCN®
Mary Goggin, RN OCN®
Megan Corbett, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, OCN®
Melanie Darvish, BSN, RN
Mitzi Fish, RN, BSN, OCN®
Naomi Williams, BSN RN
Nicole Keeler, RN, BSN
Nicolette Henderson, BSN, RN, OCN®
Nikkie Nguyen, BSN, RN
Patricia McHugh, RN, BSN, MPA
Rachel Baaqeel, RN, OCN®
Rachel Jones, BSN, RN, OCN®
Rama Subramanian, BSN, OCN®
Rebecca Hoover, RN, BSN
Rebecca Kinsey, RN
Regina Carlisle, MS, BSN, RN, OCN®
Renee Shalvoy, MLT, BSN, RN, OCN®
Sandra Lieu, MSN, RN, AGCNS-BC, MEDSURG-BC
Sarah Lewis, BSN, RN, OCN®
Shannon McGinty, MSN, RN
Sheila Kelly, BSN, RN, OCN®
Stacy Anguiano, RN, MSN, CHPN, OCN®
Stephanie Bonfilio, MSN, RN, OCN®, ONN-CG
Susan Stephens, RN, BSN, OCN®, OR-SANE
Tara Barker, MSN, BSN, RN, OCN®, CCRP
Tara Ryan, BSN, RN, OCN®
Taylor Cameron, BSN, RN
Tonya Bohl, RN, BSN, OCN®
Tracey Moore, RN, BSN, CMSRN, OCN®
Tracy Havnaer, BSN, RN
Tracy McCarthy, RN, BSN, OCN®
Victoria Cole, RN
Wendy Nuval-Bacerra, RN, MSN, JD
Youjia Wang, BSN, RN
Yvonne Callahan, MSN, RN