Master's scholarships are supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation and the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Applications open September 15, 2021
Applications due January 30, 2022
Applicants will be notified via email by April 2022
Scholarship funding will be available after July 1, 2022
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to registered nurses committed to oncology nursing and pursuing a master’s degree in a relevant field.
- The candidate must be enrolled in (or applying to) a master's degree program at an accredited institution in the 2022-2023 academic year (starting fall 2022) and in good academic standing
- The candidate must be a registered nurse.
- The candidate must have a commitment to oncology nursing
- The candidate must provide a letter of reference.
Award: Mater's scholarships are awarded at $5,000 each.
Academic Application Guidelines:
Reviewers will score applications on several factors. To make your application stronger, here are some tips:
Use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure your application:
- Clearly answers the essay question and addresses the Foundation’s mission pillars and diversity, equity, and inclusion statements (found in the application).
- Is strong in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and conciseness.
- Reflects your role in oncology and how you’ve grown professionally, but also how you’ve contributed to the cancer care community through membership or volunteer positions.
- Includes goals that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and related to the advancement of oncology nursing.
To Apply Online:
- Required: Submit a $5 application fee made payable to Oncology Nursing Foundation through ONS.
- Follow the link below to begin your application.
Application deadline: 2022-01-30Apply Online
2021 Master's Scholarship Recipients
Jeanne Aggouras, RN, BSN
Sheridan Aspinwall, BSN, RN
Kristen Barrante, BSN, RN
Kelley Bernard, RN, BSN, CPHON®
Melanie Bobry, BS, RN, OCN®
Jessica Borkowski, RN, BSN, OCN®
Brittany Bowes, BSN, RN, OCN®
Annette Brant Isozaki, RN, BSN
La Habra, CA
Kimberly Brown, RN BSN
Shawn Costanzo, RN, OCN®
Old Fort, NC
Denae Davis, RN
Angela Davis, BSN,RN,OCN®
Kayla Davis, BSN, RN, OCN®
Lauren Dennis, BSN, RN
Jessica Drope, BSN, RN, OCN®
Shelby Eckles, RN, BSN, CPHON®, BMT-CN
Lyndsay Ferrer, BSN, RN, OCN®
Judith Garcia, BSN CNOR
Olivia Miller, RN
Adrienne Gerrity, BSN, RN, CPHON®
Savanna Gilson, BSN, RN, OCN®
Tracy Griffith, RN, LPC, OCN®, CBCN®
Lauren Groff, RN
Tammy Huber, RN, BSN
Port Orange, FL
Sarah Kibbee, BSN, RN, CMSRN, OCN®
Lauren Leonard, BSN, RN
Kathryn Liston, RN, BSN, OCN®
Emma Lopata, BSN, RN, OCN®, CHPN
San Diego, CA
Caterina MacDonald, RN, BSN, BMTCN®
Kerri Martin, RN, BSN
East Falmouth, MA
Rebecca Martin, RN, BSN, OCN®
Tabitha Matthews, RN, BSN, OCN®
Kansas City, MO
Julie May, RN BSN OCN®
Laura Metz, BSN, RN, CPHON®
Jeanette Moore, BSN OCN®
Rebecca Morris, BSN, RN, CPHON®, CPN
Thuya Naing, BSN, RN, OCN®
Srutte Panta, RN