Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship
Debi Boyle, RN, MSN, AOCN®, FAAN long-time member of ONS and past member of the Oncology Nursing Foundation Board Trustees tragically lost her beloved daughter Ceira Boyle on February 4, 2010. Ceira filled a room with her presence – her smile, outgoing personality, laughter, and compassion. To honor her memory Ms. Boyle teamed up with the Oncology Nursing Foundation to offer the Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship.
Applications Open: November 1, 2022
Applications Due: March 15, 2023
Applicants notified: April 1, 2023
Purpose: To support a student nurse who is pursuing a career in oncology nursing by providing the funding to attend ONS Congress®. ONS Congress offers robust learning and networking among the oncology nursing community practicing across the United States and beyond. Preference for this award is given to student nurses who are based within a 30-mile radius of the location where ONS Congress is being held. However, because funding may vary from year to year for this award, the Foundation encourages applications from outside of the 30-mile radius for consideration by our review panel.
Scholarship: Registration to attend the 2023 ONS Congress April 26 - 30, 2023 in San Antonio, TX. Reimbursement for meals and transportation expenses during the conference and 1 year membership to the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS). For those outside the 30-mile radius, consideration will be given for reimbursement of meals, transportation, and accommodations during the ONS Congress period.
- BSN student currently enrolled in their junior or senior year and interested in pursuing a career in cancer nursing
- Applicant must be committed to attending the ONS Congress in its entirety April 26th-30th 2023 in San Antonio, TX (this obligation may be fulfilled, in part, through limited virtual and On-Demand sessions).
- Agree to complete a 3 question report after the conference.
Scoring: You will be scored based on the following criteria: Your ability to clearly describe why you are pursing becoming an oncology nurse, identifying at least one characteristic of an exemplary cancer nurse, and clearly addressing one event or session you are looking forwarded to and why.
Applications Opening Fall 2022.
Keep an eye on this page for a link to the application, but you can prepare your application now by gathering the below items:
- Essay responses:
In 500 words or less, please address all 3 statements below:
- Describe what has led you to pursue becoming a cancer nurse following graduation (i.e. personal, family, friend, work, or academic experience, etc).
- Identify one or more characteristic(s) of an exemplary cancer nurse you aspire to achieve in your professional nursing career.
- What is one event or session you are looking forward to attending at ONS Congress and why?
Application deadline: 2023-03-15Apply Online
2022 Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship Recipients