ONS Congress® Scholarships
ONS Congress® Scholarships are supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation, Nancy Berkowitz Scholarship Fund, Ron Schlesinger Scholarship Fund, Oncology Hematology Care, Inc., Siouxland Chapter fund, CEBONS Karen Zapotoski Memorial ONS Congress Scholarship, and Susie Maloney Scholarship Fund.
Applications Open: November 1, 2022
Applications Due: January 5, 2023
Applicants Notification: February 10, 2023
Note: An individual cannot receive this scholarship more than one time.
Purpose: To support registered nurses interested in improving cancer care by developing their personal knowledge as a result of attending the ONS Congress® and sharing this new knowledge with others.
Scholarship: Recipients will receive a scholarship for up to $2,000 to apply toward ONS Congress registration, travel to and from ONS Congress, and per diem expenses.
- Individuals living or working within a 30-mile radius of the conference location are eligible to receive the conference registration fee only.
- One scholarship is available to nurses in the Cincinnati Tri-State area with preference given to members of the ONS Cincinnati Tri-State area chapter through Oncology Hematology Care, Inc funding.
- Two to three scholarships are available to applicants living in Sioux City, Storm Lake, and surrounding areas through the Siouxland Chapter fund.
- The applicant must be a registered nurse involved in cancer nursing.
- The applicant must be able to attend the 2023 ONS Congress in its entirety (April 26 – 30, 2023 in San Antonio, TX)
- Applicant must agree to participate in a follow-up survey.
Scoring: You will be scored based on your ability to clearly articulate and address the essay questions and whether your plan to share information obtained at ONS Congress is detailed, clear, realistic, and achievable.
To strengthen your application, use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Points to Consider:
- Do not wait until the last day to start an application as a quality and competitive application will take time to complete.
- We suggest that you use your time wisely by getting a head start and collecting any additional required items such as the name and email address of someone writing your letter of recommendation before you begin.
- Your essay responses should be of good quality, in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, conciseness, and ability to answer the question. Ensure you submit a detailed response and use the word count to your advantage.
- To strengthen your application, use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Nursing students may be eligible for a separate scholarship to attend ONS Congress.
Please review the Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship for more information.
How To Apply:
- Applications closed. Check back in the fall for next year's scholarship!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- All questions must be submitted to the Foundation prior to 4:30 pm Eastern Time on the day of the application due date in order to receive a response prior to the deadline.
- No late applications will be accepted, and all applications must be submitted through the application platform.
2022 ONS Congress® Scholarship Recipients
Allison Young, BSN, RN
Amanda Gutierrez, BSN, RN, OCN®
Alanna Iorio, RN, BSN, OCN®
Alexandra Connelly, RN
Alexi Vasbinder, PhD, RN
Amanda Drury, PhD, MSc, BSc
Amy Hardin, RN, BSN, OCN®
Andrew Brown, RN
Angela Davis, BSN, RN, OCN®
Angeles Price, RN, MS, CNS, AOCN®
Anne-Marie Cole, RN, BSN, OCN®
April Thigpen, MSN, RN, CMSRN, OCN®
Audrey Umschlag, BSN, RN, OCN®
Aviva Emmons, BSN, BA, RN-BC
Beatriz Aguiar, RN, MSc
Bobbie Perrin, APRN-FNP-C, OCN®
Brooke Gibson, RN, BSN, OCN®
Brooke Torpey, RN, BSN, OCN®
Caitlin Bresnahan, RN, BSN
Carolyn Browne, RN, BSN, OCN®
Carrie Patton, BSN, RN, OCN®
Long Beach, CA
Chanelle Lake, OCN®
Cheryl Theulen, RN, BSN, OCN®
Christina Klawitter, MSN, RN, OCN®
Colette Baudoin, PhD (c), MSN, RN, OCN®, CNE
Cydney Bradley , BSN, RN, OCN®
Teaneck , NJ
Dana Clark, BSN, RN, OCN®
Danielle McCutcheon, RN-BC, OCN®
Danielle Sheehy, BSN, RN-BC, OCN®
Devin Thomas, ADN
Elizabeth Llewellyn, RN, BSN, OCN®
Elycia Ramey, RN, BSN
Arlington , WA
Emily Lott, CRNP, MSN, OCN®, CHPN
Enrique Paraiso, RN
Elk Grove, CA
Erin Pierce, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
New Orleans, LA
Erin Twining, RN, OCN®
Erin Darby , RN
Lake Stevens, WA
Eva Rivas Gutierrez, RN, OCN®
Gina Cravey, BSN, RN, CHRC, CCRC
Hannah Samley, RN, BSN, BMTCN®, OCN®
Hope Robinson, RN, BSN
Jacqueline Curtis, RN, MSN, OCN®, CNL
Jacqueline Borelli, RN
Jasmine Smith, BSN, RN, OCN®
Jaya D'Silva, RN, OCN®, FNP-C
Jeannette Tse, RN, OCN®
Jennifer Cruz-Flores, RN
Jennifer McClennon, MSN, RN, CNL, CHPN
Temple Terrace, FL
Jessica Euler, RN, BSN, OCN, BMTCN
Jessica Ruadap, BSN
Jessica Beck, BSN, RN, OCN®
Wake Forest, NC
Jill King, BSN
Castle Rock, CO
Joy Caneda, RN, BMT, OCN®
San Bruno, CA
Kara Burke, BSN, RN
Karlie Zastrow, BSN
Karly Goozee, MSN, RN, OCN®
Kathryn Heaney, MSN, RN, OCN®
Kelsey Soares, MSN, RN
East Freetown, MA
Keysha Miralda, BSN, RN
Laura Daniel, RN
Lauren Ghazal, PhD, FNP-BC
New York, NY
Lauren McGovern (Kepple), BSN, RN, OCN®
Leslie Hodgson, RN, BSN, CMSRN
West Chester, PA
Lillian Reilly, MSN, RN, OCN®
New York, NY
Lynette Santos, RN, BSN
Oak Park, IL
Magdalena Ryniak-Grajzer, MA, RN, OCN®, NE-BC
Pompton Plains, NJ
Marco Fajardo, BSN, RN, OCN®
Chapel Hill, NC
Mary Mazer, APRN, FNP-C, CBBN
San Antonio, TX
Megan McNally, BSN, RN
North Andover, MA
Megan Moralita, BSN
Melinda Esposito, RN, BSN, OCN
Bellingham , MA
Melissa Hiscock, BSN, RN, CWOCN, OCN®, CPPS
Grand Island, NY
Melissa Wood, BSN, RN, OCN
Meredith Cummings, BSN, RN, OCN
Paulina Bruns, RN, BSN, OCN
Phuong Vo, BSN, RN, OCN®
Priyanka Devgan, BSN, MBA
Rebecca Bunton-Woods, BSN, RN, OCN®
Mount Pleasant, SC
Rebecca Dagenais, BS, RN, OCN®
Rebecca El-Asmar, MSN, RN, AOCNS®
Salima Shams, A-34942
Samantha Butalid, MSN, RN, CNS, FNP-BC
Samantha Minasian, BSN, RN, OCN®
Sarah Davis, BSN, RN, BMTCN, OCN®
Sheela Stanley, RN, BSN, OCN®
Sherwin Balasia, BSN, OCN®
Jersey City, NJ
Shini Antony, MSN RN, OCN®
Stephanie Lee, BS, BSN, RN, OCN®
Theodore Hiemstra, RN, BS, BSN
Veronica Weddle, RN, BSN, OCN®
Veronica Campos, DNP, RN, OCN®, NE-BC
Garden Ridge, TX
Vicki Koceja, PhD, MSN, MBA, RN-BC, OCN®, NEA-BC, FAAMA
La Qunita, CA
Vickie Alfrey, RN