Bachelor's scholarships are supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation and Oncology Practice Alliance, Inc.
Applications Open: Fall 2022
Applications Due: February 1, 2023
Applicants notified via email by: April 2023
Scholarship funding available after: July 1, 2023
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to registered nurses committed to oncology nursing and pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Award: Bachelor's scholarships are awarded at $3,000 each.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in, accepted to, or have applied to a Bachelor of Nursing degree program at a CCNE or NLN-CNEA accredited School of Nursing in the 2023–2024 academic year.
- The candidate must be a registered nurse.
- The candidate must have a commitment to oncology.
- The candidate must provide a letter of reference from the current work supervisor or academic advisor on organizational letterhead, signed by the individual providing the recommendation.
- Agree to participate in a post-graduation survey
Requirements: A $5.00 non-refundable application processing fee is required prior to application submission. Once you make your payment you will receive an email from ONS Customer Service. Please type the Order number in the Application Fee Payment Code box on your application.
Approved Expenses: Scholarship can only be used for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, lab fees, and equipment required for approved courses at the educational institution for the 2023-2024 academic school year. Funds are not permitted for travel-related expenses for any course. Any funds not used for approved expenses must be returned to the Oncology Nursing Foundation.
Reviewers will score applications on several factors including the applicant’s ability to:
- Clearly answer
sthe essay question and addresses the Foundation’s mission pillars and diversity, equity, and inclusion statements (found in the application).
- Submit an application that is
- Reflect on your role in oncology and how you’ve grown professionally, but also how you’ve contributed to the cancer care community through membership or volunteer positions.
- Include specific, measurable, actionable, realistic goals related to the advancement of oncology nursing.
To strengthen your application, use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Use the link below to apply.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Professional, Membership, and Volunteer experience.
- Essay responses:
At ONF, we achieve our mission by supporting the oncology nursing community, a population composed of a wide variety of individuals who have many differences. As a philanthropic organization, we are committed to respecting, accepting, and embracing the diversity of all oncology nurses, their patients, and employers, as well as our employees, and other stakeholders. By providing funding that supports our three mission pillars of education, research and leadership, we empower everyone to succeed by promoting inclusive environments and equitable treatment.
In 100 words or less, describe your professional goals, how your goals relate to the advancement of oncology nursing, and how this educational program will assist you in achieving your stated goals.
In 500 words or less, describe the impact of:
- a. your work on cancer patient care.
- b. how you have grown professionally as a nurse.
- c. how your role exemplifies the pillars of the Oncology Nursing Foundation?
- d. how your role exemplifies your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Ongoing support of bachelor's in nursing academic scholarships is also provided by a fund of the Oncology Nursing Foundation established through the generosity of the Oncology Practice Alliance, Inc. Criteria: Current bachelor of nursing (BSN) students residing in Ohio or West Virginia; Up to two (2) awards of $3,000 each.
Application deadline: 2023-02-01Apply Online
2022 Bachelor's Scholarship Recipients
Angela Tanner, RN
Jennifer Mora, RN, OCN®
Meredith Barten, RN OCN®
Rebecca Bollin-Zeevalk, RN, OCN®
Sara Kilbane, RN
Stephanie Senior, RN
Tanya Searle, RN, OCN®