Oncology Nurse Scientist Intensive
The 2023 Oncology Nurse Scientist Intensive will be held virtually on June 22 and 23, 2023.
Applications will open: February 15, 2023
Letters of Intent (LOI) due: March 30, 2023
LOI acceptance notifications: April 14, 2023
Full grant applications due: May 19, 2023
Purpose: To expand the scientific foundation for oncology nursing practice and improvement of the healthcare of people impacted by cancer through a research mentoring and networking opportunity for Ph.D. nurse scientists.
The Oncology Nurse Scientist Intensive will join 10 competitively selected participants and senior research scientist faculty mentors to collaborate in a mock study section and working sessions to refine grant proposals. The Intensive is designed to foster the needs and interests of Ph.D.-prepared early-career oncology nurse scientists in a supportive environment on June 22 and 23, 2023.
Invited participants are required to submit a research grant proposal for review during a mock research study section.
Research projects may include investigator-initiated research, pilot or feasibility studies, supplements to currently funded projects, or developing a new aspect of a program of research. Grant proposals submitted for this Intensive Program may not be submitted to a funding agency prior to the course date (June 22-23, 2023).
The participant will have a plan and timeline for revising and submitting a research proposal to a funding organization they choose by the completion of the Intensive Program
Eligibility: The principal investigator must be a registered nurse with a Ph.D. and actively involved in some aspect of cancer patient care, education, or research. PI must have completed their Ph.D. in 2013 or later (PhDs conferred in 2012 or earlier are not eligible for this program.)
There are no registration fees or additional costs for the Intensive.
How To Apply:
Applications Opening February 2023.
- Keep an eye on this page for a link to the application, but you can prepare your application now by gathering the below items:
- Title of Project
- Research Team (Name, Credentials, Institution, Research Team Role, Recent Funding & amount)
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- All questions must be submitted to the Foundation prior to 4:30 pm Eastern Time on the day of the application due date in order to receive a response prior to the deadline.
- No late applications will be accepted, and all applications must be submitted through the application platform.