Doctoral scholarships are supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation and the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation, and the Ann Olson Memorial Scholarship is supported by Pfizer Oncology.
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Applications Open: September 15, 2021
Applications Due: January 30, 2022
Applicants notified via email by: April 2022
Scholarship funding available after: July 1, 2022
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time
Purpose: To provide scholarships to registered nurses who are committed to oncology nursing to continue their education by pursuing a research doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or clinical doctoral degree (DNP).
- The candidate must be currently enrolled in (or applying to) a Ph.D. or DNP nursing degree program for the 2022-2023 academic year (starting fall 2022.)
- The candidate must have a current license to practice as a registered nurse and must have a commitment to oncology nursing.
- The candidate must provide a letter of reference from the current work supervisor or academic advisor on organizational letterhead, signed by the individual providing recommendation. The letter must address the applicant's ability to perform doctoral-level work.
Award: Doctoral scholarships are awarded at $7,500.
Academic Application Guidelines:
Reviewers will score applications on several factors. To make your application stronger, here are some tips:
Use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure your application:
- Clearly answers the essay question and addresses the Foundation’s mission pillars and diversity, equity, and inclusion statements (found in the application).
- Is strong in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and conciseness.
- Reflects your role in oncology and how you’ve grown professionally, but also how you’ve contributed to the cancer care community through membership or volunteer positions.
- Includes goals that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and related to the advancement of oncology nursing.
- Applications Closed
2021 Doctoral Scholarship Recipients
Shanon Dunovan, RN, BSN, PhD
Dorothie Durosier Mertilus, DNP, APRN, AGNP-C
Karl Cristie Figuracion, ARNP, MSN
Morgan Nestingen, MSN, APRN, AGCNS-BC, OCN®, ONN-CG
Kate Oppegaard, MS, ACCNS-AG, OCN®, CMSRN
San Francisco, CA
Michelle Schuster, MSN, RN, CPHON®
Joosun Shin, MSN, ACNP, RN
San Francisco, CA
Clifton Thornton, PhD(c), MSN, BS, RN, CNMT, CPNP
Zhihong Zhang, MS, RN
Erin Dickman, MS, RN, OCN®
Alana Gonzalez, CRNP
Neethu Gopinadh, MSN, RN, OCN®, VA-BC
Yorktown Heights, NY
Margaret Grue, MSN, RN, RN-BC, CRNI, OCN®, NE-BC
League City, TX
Vanessa Langham Jones, MSN, OCN®, CRNP
Shelby Jones, MSN, AG-ACNP, APRN, CCRN
Laura Larsen, RN, OCN®
Heather Mackey, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, AOCN®
Katelin Muse, MSN, MS, RN, OCN®
Missouri City, TX
Dawn Neuhauser, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, OCN®
Jennifer Stewart, MSN, ANP-BC
Katherine Walczak, BSN, RN, CSMRN, OCN®
Ryne Wilson, RN, OCN®
TaCharra Woodard, MSN, APRN, ACNP-BC, AOCNP®
Ke Yang, RN, MSN, AANP, AOCNP®
Tammy Hubner, RN, BSN
Port Orange, Florida